Back Panel I/O
||1 x USB 3.1 / USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C
1 x USB 3.1 / USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A
1 x USB 3.1 / USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A
2 x USB 2.0 Type-A
||1 x DisplayPort 1.4
1 x HDMI 2.0
||3 x 3.5 mm
|Ethernet / Controller
||1 x Intel 2.5Gigabit
||2 x Connector
||2 x 288-Pin
||DDR4 2133, 2400, 2666, 2800, 2933, 3000, 3200, 3300, 3333, 3400, 3466, 3600, 3666, 3733, 3800, 3866, 4000, 4133, 4266, 4300, 4400, 4500, 4600, 4700, 4800, 4933, 5000 MHz
||Non-ECC, ECC (Non-ECC Mode) Unbuffered
||4 x SATA III
||2 x M Key 2260, 2280 (PCIe 3.0 x2, PCIe 3.0 x4, SATA (Unspecified))
|Optane Memory Support
||RAID 0, 1, 5, 10
||1 x PCIe 3.0 x16 (x16 mode)
||1 x USB 3.1 / USB 3.2 Gen 1 Header (Supports 1 USB Type-C Port)
1 x USB 3.1 / USB 3.2 Gen 1 Header (Supports 2 USB Type-A Port)
1 x USB 2.0 Header (Supports 2 USB Type-A Port)
||1 x 4-Pin CPU
3 x 4-Pin System
||1 x 24-Pin Mainboard
1 x 8-Pin ATX
||2 x RGB
||2 x Speaker
Front Panel I/O
|I/O Connection Headers
||AAFP, USB 3.1 / USB 3.2 Gen 1
||Realtek ALC1220-VB (7.1-Channel)
||Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) (MU-MIMO)
|Supported Operating Systems
||Windows 10 (64-Bit)
||6.69 x 6.69″ / 17 x 17 cm
Gigabyte Z490I AORUS ULTRA Motherboard
The Gigabyte Z490I AORUS ULTRA Motherboard. Designed for gamers, enthusiasts, and content creators to pack a ton of power into a small form factor system, this mini-ITX motherboard is powered by the Intel Z490 chipset and supports 10th generation Intel processors with the LGA 1200 socket. It takes full advantage of the PCIe 3.0 data bandwidth, with support for PCIe 4.0 CPUs, to deliver high performance for tasks such 3D rendering, video editing, and more. Up to 64GB of dual-channel DDR4 RAM, reaching 5000 MHz when overclocked, can be installed across two memory slots. The Gigabyte Z490I AORUS ULTRA Motherboard also features advanced cooling and supports up to two M.2 SSDs and four SATA III storage drives, which can be put into RAID 0, 1, 5, or 10 configurations. Its PCIe 3.0 x16 slot can accommodate a dedicated high-performance graphics card to maximize frame rates and for faster video rendering times. Alternatively, the built-in DisplayPort and HDMI ports allow you to take advantage of integrated CPU graphics.
The Gigabyte Z490I AORUS ULTRA Motherboard use USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A and Type-C ports allow you to transfer data from compatible peripherals at up to 10 Gb/s. Enjoy fast network connections using the 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet port and built-in 802.11ax Wi-fi, which can wirelessly transfer data at up to 2.4 Gb/s with compatible devices. The Gigabyte Z490I AORUS ULTRA Motherboard also delivers vibrant DTS:X Ultra 7.1-channel surround sound through the Realtek ALC1220-VB audio codec. You can customize your computing experience using the addressable RGB headers to connect light strips, which can be synced with other Gigabyte RGB Fusion 2.0-compatible peripherals such as mice and keyboards using the desktop software or mobile app. Windows 10 64-bit is required to take advantage of all the motherboard’s features.
- A grooved design heatsinks, heat pipe, and thermal baseplate work to deliver lower MOSFET temperatures.
- The multilayered heatsinks help to quickly dissipate heat from the M.2 solid-state drives to avoid speed throttling.
- Smart Fan 5 allows users to interchange fan headers to correspond with the thermal sensors located across the motherboard so that the system stays cool while maintaining a high level of performance for games and other demanding applications.
- Fan Stop lets you to take control of your computer’s noise level by allowing specified fans to halt when the system drops to a designated temperature level. These settings may be customized according to your preferences.
- Hybrid Fan Headers automatically detect the connected liquid- or air-cooling systems, enabling Smart Fan 5 to monitor information such as flow-rate.
- The Z490I AORUS ULTRA features a digital PWM controller with 8+1 power stages that can handle up to 90A of current from each stage for a total of 720A.
- A double copper layer PCB design efficiently delivers power to critical components at lower temperatures.
- Ten layers mid-loss PCB design is used to provide a high-performance power solution. One layer is dedicated to power delivery while a ground layer is set to improve the signal integrity and dissipate heat.
- The Realtek ALC1220-VB audio codec provides vibrant 7.1-channel surround sound to your speakers.
- 120 dBA headphone SNR.
- 110 dBA microphone SNR.
- High-grade capacitors are used for feedback signal processing.
- The DTS:X Ultra codec realistically recreates spatial audio experiences for games using almost any headphone of speaker set.
- The 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet port provides a fast network connection with high-speed data transfers using compatible devices.
- Built-in 802.11ax dual-band Wi-Fi transfers up to 2.4 Gb/s of data over compatible wireless networks.
- The cFosSpeed network traffic management application is used to automatically allocate bandwidth so that the highest network priority goes to games or specified applications.
- Bluetooth 5 offers a fast transmission rate with 4x the range of Bluetooth 4.2.
USB 3.2 Gen 2
Doubling the speed of its predecessor, USB 3.2 Gen 2 features a maximum throughput of 10 Gb/s when used with compatible devices.
RGB Fusion 2.0 Lighting
With Gigabyte’s RGB Fusion 2.0 technology, you can customize your computer by installing RGB lighting strips alongside compatible components and peripherals for incredible effects. Lighting profiles that cover your entire system, including the motherboard, video card, and CPU can be configured and controlled using the Gigabyte RGB Fusion 2.0 desktop software or mobile app.